Suzannah & Joel: The Moving-in-Togethers
The couple: Suzannah and Joel Coubrough (check out their real wedding story!)
Their wedding: November 7 in Pyrmont, NSW
Where they registered: MYER
Behind the Wish List
For Suzannah and Joel, getting married meant moving in together and setting up their first home. They therefore had to register for everything! They chose MYER as it had all the traditional homeware items that would help them get started.
Suzannah and Joel’s Top Registry Picks
1. Sunbeam Deluxe Ironing Board — “When we moved out we were literally starting from scratch and needed EVERYTHING,” Suzannah says. “This ironing board is top quality and has little hanging shelves and a cute printed cover. I thought I’d died and gone to ironing heaven!”
2. Avanti Stainless Steel Tea Infuser – “I am a very picky tea drinker and have grown up in a house with a stainless steel tea pot – I couldn’t contemplate using a porcelain one, so I was so ecstatic when we received this one.”
3. Kambrook Slow cooker — “This has already proved to be worth its weight in gold! We can start cooking before we both go to work and it’s ready when we walk in the door!”
4. Country Road Bath Sheets — “These towels are like being wrapped in a blanket. They are huge and so soft, and our guest that purchased them for us bought us a full matching set with face washes, bathmat, hand towel – everything!”
5. Sheridan Waffle Weave Blanket — “Joel moved in to our place three weeks before our wedding and used a doona we had received for our engagement party, which was proving to be a bit too warm for spring. He was so excited when we received this blanket, and it was a great weight to use during summer.”
6. Bakers Secret Cooking Tray — “All the small things that accumulate when you live at home are indispensable and we were so grateful to receive a selection of cooking trays and pans from one guest – so practical for us starting out.”
7. Monopoly Board Game — “This was such a fun present to receive and has been a source of a lot of fun, and sometimes tension, already in our marriage! We have already hosted a couple of game nights and have invited friends over to show off our new place.”
8. Soft Leather Photo Album — “This album was made in the softest black leather and holds 500 photos. It now holds the proofs of all our wedding photos. We always get great comments when people flick through our photos.”
9. Pyrex Red Measuring Jug — “As we were both moving out of home together we really needed a couple of the essentials to get our home set up. This measuring jug gets used almost every day when preparing dinner and as it’s made from pyrex it’s microwave proof, dishwasher proof and husband proof!”
10. Crystal Based Lamp set — “This was a real splurge for us to put on the registry, but is an item we plan to keep forever. It will always remind us of our wedding. The set features a clear crystal base and round white lampshades which hold pride of place in our new living room!”
Gifts They Wish They’d Registered For
Suzannah and Joel were very conscious of not putting items on their registry that were too expensive. “But having seen how happy people were to contribute to setting up our home, I would probably have been more relaxed with this!” says Suzannah. Using the money they were also given as gifts, the couple bought a couple of items such as a television and artwork themselves. “Now that it’s getting closer to winter I wish we’d registered for a heater!!” says Suzannah.
Take Our Advice
For couples who move in together for the first time after their wedding, a traditional registry is the perfect option. While you might feel greedy asking for everything you need to set up your home, remember that the more options you give your guests (with a nice variety of price ranges), the easier it will be for them to find something suitable. You can even include large items like a fridge and couch -some guests, particularly family, are more than happy to pool their money and get you these big ticket items.