Which Name For The Third-Time Bride?
Question: My friend is getting married for the third time. She needs to get her invitations printed ASAP. What name should she use -- her maiden name or her last husband's name?
Answer: by The Knot
The bride would probably want to use the name by which most people know her, right? If she has kept her second husband’s last name and many guests know her by that name, it makes sense to put that name on the invite so people know it’s her wedding! But it’s also understandable that she might not want to put her former hubby’s last name on the invites, even if it is hers legally. If guests will recognise her maiden name, then it’s fine to use it on the invitations. She should decide what’s most practical — and what’s most comfortable for everyone involved.
- Remarriage: Getting Started
- Does The Knot have ideas for “Senior Weddings”?
- If He’s Divorced, Can We Marry In A Church?
- Do I Need An Annulment?
- Invites For A Second Wedding?
- How To Word Announcements?
- Can We Get A Licence If He’s Not Divorced?
- He’s Committed But Not Divorced Yet
- Which Name For The Third-Time Bride?
- Gifts For A New Stepson?