Must We Match Our Site?
Question: I have always dreamt of red as my wedding day colour. But we are marrying at my parent’s country club, and the main colour in the carpet and on the walls is navy blue. Will this look okay?
Answer: by The Knot
In the best case, if where you’re marrying has navy blue decor, you’d work within those constraints and choose complementary colours: yellow, cream, taupe, pale blue. But you’ve always dreamt of a red wedding, so we say go for it! Include red details in your attire, flowers, and wedding cake. The more red accents you have, the less obvious the background will appear. To pull the look together, we would recommend incorporating tiny touches of navy blue into some of your day-of details. Consider navy blue cocktail napkins, blue tinted glassware, or even escort cards adorned with one or two navy blue crystal beads.
- Should we have a bridal party table at our cocktail wedding reception?
- Can you have weddings on public land, for example in a park?
- Can the bride make a speech at her wedding?
- How can I avoid guests seeing my reception venue being set up?
- Is it Ok to Not Have a Seating Plan?
- What is the correct bridal bouquet etiquette?
- Stuck With Extras We Don’t Want?
- Place Cards For Guests’ Dates?
- Banishing Bugs at Outdoor Affairs?
- Contributing When I Don’t Know The Couple?