Can We Attend Our Cocktail Hour?
Question: Is it okay for us to attend our cocktail hour? My fiancé would really like to, I'm just not sure how it would work. Would we still be able to be announced at the reception?
Answer: by The Knot
Though some couples like to catch some alone time during the cocktail hour, many opt to spend it with their friends and family. The usual MO is to just jump in and start mingling as soon as you’re through with your post-ceremony photos (if you took your formal shots in the morning, you’ll be able to proceed directly to the cocktail hour). Then just accept congratulations, hugs, and enjoy yourselves! Have your wedding coordinator, bandleader, or another point person let you know when there are only about 10 minutes left until reception time. That way, you’ll be able to get ready to make your big entrance. And no, seeing you at the cocktail hour doesn’t make it any less dramatic or exciting for the guests when the new Mr. and Mrs. are announced (they did see you at the ceremony after all!).
- Should we have a bridal party table at our cocktail wedding reception?
- Can you have weddings on public land, for example in a park?
- Can the bride make a speech at her wedding?
- How can I avoid guests seeing my reception venue being set up?
- Is it Ok to Not Have a Seating Plan?
- What is the correct bridal bouquet etiquette?
- Stuck With Extras We Don’t Want?
- Place Cards For Guests’ Dates?
- Banishing Bugs at Outdoor Affairs?
- Contributing When I Don’t Know The Couple?