It’s my second marriage. What name do I use on my invitations?
Question: I'm a little confused as to what name to use on my wedding invitations as it is my 2nd marriage. Do I use my 1st married name, or my maiden name?
Answer: by The Knot
Fortunately your wedding invitation isn’t a legal document, so you have the choice to use either your married name or your maiden name. If most people will recognise you by your maiden name, you may feel more comfortable using this. However, if nobody will be able to quickly figure out who is sending the invitation according to your maiden name, you would be better off using your current married name. Here are some super helpful articles that cover other aspects of remarriage.
- What is the best way to word an invitation for those we are inviting to the ceremony, but not the reception?
- It’s my second marriage. What name do I use on my invitations?
- Do We Send Invitations to Our Bridal Party?
- Okay to use a fake start time on the invitation?
- Addressing Couple With Different Last Names?
- Should We Include Registry Info?
- What Should The Programme Include?
- Handwritten Invites For A Small Wedding?
- Not Using Inner Envelopes?
- How To Assemble The Invites?