Do We Have to Adjust Our Guest List to Make Our Families Happy?
Question: We were only expecting just our parent, siblings and bridal party at our destination wedding, but we’ve had some backlash. Is it ok to leave our guest list small or do we have to invite all our family to be fair?
Answer: by The Knot
Wow you are one flexible bride. But no more stretching of the list! You have already doubled your guest list for the family already; if you give in they may have all their mates from the footie club coming along before you know it. The perfect solution here is to calmly explain that the venue only has the capacity to hold a wedding for 35 people. Then you can be as apologetic as you want to be, without having to shoulder any ‘you didn’t invite me’ responsibility.
More: Guests & guest list
- Do I have to invite people whose wedding I have been to?
- How to avoid inviting difficult family members?
- How do I ask guests to leave their children at home?
- Do We Have to Adjust Our Guest List to Make Our Families Happy?
- Can We Trim My Parents’ List?
- Single Friend Is Freaking Out!
- Invite Celebrant To Reception?
- Invite To Reception But Not Ceremony?
- Inviting Deceased Parent’s Widow?
- Should We Pay Their Expenses?