Appropriate Gift for the Boss?
Question: My boss is getting married in a few weeks. I've been her administrative assistant for three years and while we've always had a completely professional relationship, she is very congenial. I'm not invited to the wedding, but should I get her a gift or a card? What's appropriate?
Answer: by The Knot
It’s appropriate to give a gift, since you’ve been working with her for three years. The gift can be from you, or you might organise an office collection (just don’t tell your colleagues they must contribute — ask if they’d like to chip in and get something together). Another option is to plan an office shower before her wedding day. If you decide on that, however, make sure the idea is one she (and you, and everyone else) will be comfortable with.
- Are Late Wedding Gifts A No-No?
- Will Requesting No Wedding Gifts Offend Guests?
- Do Parents Get Gifts?
- What to Engrave on Keepsakes?
- What If We Can’t Afford A Great Gift?
- They Asked For One But We Weren’t Invited!
- Okay To Buy Off-Registry Gifts?
- What’s A Gift Opening Party?
- She Didn’t Give A Gift; Do I Have To?
- How To Give Cash?