Inviting Gay Father’s Partner?
Question: My fiancé's father is gay. Although my fiancé doesn't mind, he has trouble telling other people. Is it impolite to tell his father he cannot bring his partner, so he won't be embarrassed on our wedding day?
Answer: by The Knot
Whether or not it’s polite is a matter of opinion, but it would definitely be hurtful to his dad. You say your fiancé doesn’t mind that his dad is gay, but obviously it upsets him if he doesn’t want others to know. This is a tough one, but your fiancé (and you) need to ask yourselves: What’s more important, his dad’s feelings (and directly related to that, your fiancé’s relationship with his dad) or what other people think? This decision is up to you two.
More: Family & parents
- Is It Ok to Plan a Wedding in a City We Don’t Live In?
- Who Pays For What?
- Honouring A Deceased Parent At Wedding?
- Allow Sis to Invite Boyfriend?
- Mum Has Taken Over Our Guest List!
- Honouring Grandparents At Wedding?
- Inviting Estranged Mother?
- Don’t Want To Be In In-Law’s Wedding?
- Inviting Gay Father’s Partner?
- What Colour Should Mum Wear?