Origin Of The Ring Finger?
Question: Why do people wear wedding rings on their fourth finger, next to the pinky? Is there any historical significance behind this?
Answer: by The Knot
The Western tradition of the “ring finger” began with the Romans, who believed that the fourth finger was connected directly to the heart by a vein called “the vein of love.” For this reason, the fourth finger of the left hand has been adopted through the ages as the ideal place for the wedding ring.
- Bride And Groom Gift Exchange?
- Greek Wedding Gift Ideas?
- Incorporating Italian Traditions?
- Incorporating Mexican Traditions?
- Incorporating Greek Traditions?
- Carrying The Bride Over The Threshold?
- Customary Metal For Wedding Bands?
- Origin Of The Ring Finger?
- Story Behind Aisle Runners?
- African-American Traditions?