How Big Can It Be?
Question: Are there guidelines for the number of wedding attendants per number of guests?
Answer: by The Knot
Tradition says that the size and formality of your wedding determines the number of attendants you have. For example, a formal wedding of 200 plus guests may have up to 12 attendants, plus a flower girl and ring bearer, and one usher for every 50 guests. A semiformal wedding may have 1-6 attendants, with the option of a ring bearer and flower girl. An informal wedding will often have a best man, maid or matron of honour, one or two groomsmen and bridesmaids, and no flower girls or ring bearers. But traditions are meant to be broken! You can have as many attendants as you like. The important thing is to have the people closest to you in your wedding party, whether that means 5 or 15.
More: Bridal Party Duties
- What Job Can I Give My Close Friends (Who Aren’t Bridesmaids)?
- Knotties Tell All: The Cost Of Your Maid’s Style
- Can They Be Male?
- Okay For An Older Bride?
- What To Do With Spouses?
- Can I Have More Than One?
- How To Tell A Friend She Isn’t One?
- Can It Be Asymmetrical?
- Can I Choose Married Friends?
- Put His Sister’s Beau In The Wedding?