Flattering Dress For A Full Chest?
Question: I am a size 6 and large chested. I dislike full skirts. Can you recommend a wedding dress style to conceal my large chest?
Answer: by The Knot
Your problem is more common than you may think. The most important thing overall is that you have proper support and feel comfortable. Be sure to find an uplifting foundation garment, or curtail your curves with a one-piece minimiser worn under your gown that boasts a fitted bodice to emphasise your waist. A full skirt would also balance things out — try it, you may like it after all! If not, look for an A-line, which is a good shape for just about everybody. Also look for a neckline in a V shape to help de-emphasise the obvious, or a sweetheart shape to compliment your figure. Believe it or not, an off-the-shoulder bodice can be very flattering. If you’re really self conscious, you may wish to find a dress with a matching bridal jacket; that way, even if the gown displays a bit of cleavage, you’ll still feel covered. Whatever you do, avoid jewel necklines and empire waists, which will make you appear even more busty.
More: Attire for bride
- Can you explain the different train length options?
- Should the gown dictate the wedding style?
- Should I change into a different gown after the ceremony?
- Tips for Choosing a Winter Wedding Gown?
- When’s The Best Time To Try On?
- Flattering Dress For A Full Chest?
- Best Dresses for a Beach Wedding?
- Can I Wear A Shorter Skirt?
- Can I Wear Satin In Summer?
- Flattering Dress For A Petite Bride?