Can I Wear A Shorter Skirt?
Question: I've noticed that hemlines seem to be rising on the bridal runways -- some of these dresses are even verging on mini! I want to go trendy with my bridal style, but is a super short dress really an okay choice to wear down the aisle?
Answer: by The Knot
As top wedding dress designers like Monique Lhuillier and Vera Wang have brought out briefer and briefer bridal styles, we’ve definitely taken notice too. While we love these fun and flirty styles, they might not be the most aisle-worthy wear (unless you’re getting married in Vegas — in which case anything goes!). You’ll probably want to cover up a bit more during your ceremony (and there are, of course, plenty of chic and trendy ways to do so).
When to wear these kicky little numbers? With the trend toward more relaxed and informal receptions, more and more brides are choosing not one but two gowns for their wedding day. After all, if you’ve always dreamt of exchanging vows in a princess-style ball gown, that style might not gel with your plans to dance till dawn. Two dresses will allow you to do it all — and these shorter bridal styles are absolutely perfect for the bride who wants to have it both ways and really rock out at her reception.
More: Attire for bride
- Can you explain the different train length options?
- Should the gown dictate the wedding style?
- Should I change into a different gown after the ceremony?
- Tips for Choosing a Winter Wedding Gown?
- When’s The Best Time To Try On?
- Can I Wear A Shorter Skirt?
- Can I Wear Satin In Summer?
- Flattering Dress For A Full Chest?
- Best Dresses for a Beach Wedding?
- Can I Wear White If I Have A Child?