Hens Party Looks: Kitchen Tea
A kitchen tea is a sophisticated affair. So your makeup, hair and outfit should all reflect the occasion. Kate Bosworth’s subtle makeup and perfect top knot will do the trick.
Beauty tip: More often than not, the best way to look sophisticated is with minimal makeup. Pick an outfit that really flatters you, and opt for an elegant updo or soft romantic curls to complete the look.
To get this makeup look:
1. Apply a primer over your face. This will create a smooth canvas and help your makeup last all day long. Try Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.
2. Blend a light foundation or tinted moisturiser over the entire face. Choose a formula with a dewy finish, such as NP Set Liquid Veil.
3. Using a peach or pink blush powder, blend over the cheekbones. Try Covergirl Trublend Microminerals Blush in Shimmering Sands.
4. For the eyes, smudge a shimmering lilac shade over the entire lid. Line the upper and lower lash line with eyeliner. Try Revlon ColorStay 12Hour Eyeshadow Studio in Lavender Meadow.
5. Curl lashes with an eyelash curler. Apply two coats of a curl-enhancing mascara, such as Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara.
6. Finish with a neutral lip gloss. We love Avon Glazewear Shine Lip Gloss in Tickled Pink.
Fashion note: There is never a better time to let out your girly-girly side, than at your kitchen tea. Opt for pretty pastels or fun prints in the form of 50′s style dresses that emphasise your waist. They not only look amazing but are surprisingly comfortable! No clingy fabrics here, which after eight cupcakes is something you’ll be very grateful for.
L-R: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, kitcosmetics.com; NP Set Liquid Veil, npsetcosmetics.com; Covergirl Trublend Microminerals Blush in Shimmering Sands, covergirl.com.au; Revlon ColorStay 12Hour Eyeshadow Studio in Lavender Meadow, revlon.com.au; Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara, clinique.com.au; Avon Glazewear Shine Lip Gloss in Tickled Pink, avon.com.au.