Every season bridesmaid couture changes and so do colour trends. Master/slave has a range of fashion-forward bridesmaid dresses in of the moment colour-ways. But if you don’t fancy any of those, you can choose from the swatches in store or ask us to source the perfect fabric for you.
Knot Note: When it comes to choosing a colour, think about the style and location of your wedding. Is it by the beach? Bright, clean colours will deliver a fresh, fun feel. Or if it’s a formal wedding in a grand ballroom, consider a sophisticated palette of purples, navy, gold, silver or champagne. That said, it’s your wedding day so pick the colours that you like best!
2. I have five bridesmaids who each have a different shape and wear a different size. What one style will suit them all?
Bias-cut gowns are flattering for all female figures as the stretchy fabric tends to hug your curves in all the right places. Our signature draped style gowns are great for this.
Picture: The ‘Juliette’ flatters all figures.
3. One bridesmaid is pregnant. Help!
Master/slave regularly designs for changing body shapes and will look after the whole process from beginning to end. She will have her last fitting very close to your wedding day to ensure the perfect fit.
4. One bridesmaid lives overseas. How do we work around that?
No problem! Just give us her measurements and we will complete 80 per cent of her dress in advance. Once she’s in town, we will fit her properly. We can work very quickly. In some cases we can finish a whole garment in just one or two fittings.
Picture: Bridesmaid Rosanna (far right) lives in London. Her dress was fitted and finished on the week of the wedding.
5. I have four bridesmaids and two flower girls and I want them all to match. Can you do that?
Master/slave can design and custom make flower girls’ dresses to complement the bridesmaids. We have experience in designing for growing children to anticipate their growth spurts and height requirements.
6. One bridesmaid is a teenager and while I want her to co-ordinate with the older girls, I’d like her to wear an age-appropriate style. Can you help with that?
We can work with you to ensure all bridesmaids’ gowns are complementary. Choosing the right style/s and colour requires careful consideration. We have many necklines, styles and colours you can choose from to ensure all your girls look gorgeous. If you can’t find the right design in store we can design a bespoke gown to meet your specific requirements.
7. Where can I find shoes to match my bridesmaids’ gowns?
As an extra service to our clients, we can help you to find the shoes and accessories that will best suit the look.
8. My wedding is overseas. Can I have my dresses weeks in advance so that I can take them with me?
You are welcome to nominate a delivery day on our first meeting together and are to update us on your changing deadlines.
9. Neither my mum, bridesmaids nor I live in New South Wales. Can you still help us?
We have successfully completed many dresses for brides and bridesmaids living interstate or overseas. This is not a problem! Master/slave can have everything ready for your fittings, when you all arrive in town.
10. How much are your bridesmaid dresses?
The question we often ask our brides is ” What is your budget for your bridesmaids’ dresses?” Are you paying for all the gowns yourself or will your bridesmaids help you out with the cost? If they could pay some or all of the gowns themselves, it could help alleviate the financial stress. How ever you approach it, Master/slave will work with you to find the right price and design solution.
by The Knot