The Bride’s Shopping Checklist
If you’ve already purchased your wedding gown, right about now you’ve probably realised that there’s more to your bridal ensemble than just a white dress. The truth is, details count, there are shoes to buy, a veil to choose, jewellery to borrow. Where should you start? Consult our exclusive bridal attire checklist then get out there and start shopping!
- Shawl or Wrap: Keeps you warm while adding a new look to your dress.
- Shoes: Flat or strappy? Chunky or stiletto? Just make sure they match.
- Gloves: Not just for winter, they’ll add a touch of elegance to any outfit.
- Tiara/Headpiece: Don’t forget spare pins and clips.
- Engagement ring: Ready to be put on your finger for the ceremony.
- Wedding bands: In a box or pillow to be given to the ring bearer or best man.
- Necklace: After your dress and smile, the first thing people will notice.
- Earrings: Keep them simple if your necklace is grand.
- Bracelet: Always a nice touch.
- Watch: Appropriate only if it’s antique or has extreme sentimental value.
- Bra: There may be no need, but you may show more than you bargained for if gown material is thin.
- Underwear: Thong or control top, and everything in between.
- Garter: The most popular “something blue” accessory.
- Pantyhose: Bring an extra pair, just in case.
- Slip: Extra important if your gown’s made of tear prone tulle.
- Bodyshaper: For keeping you tucked in.